Join the team
R&D Tax Consultant
About Clearpoint Ventures
Clearpoint Ventures is a boutique R&D Tax Consultancy that works within the start-up and SME communities. We provide services across various sectors including AgriTech, BioTech, FinTech, MedTech, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and Mining. We advise and assist both local and overseas companies in accessing Australian R&D Tax offsets.
We provide ‘Big 4’ quality services without the bureaucracy of a large firm. This allows us to be agile and attract fast growing, interesting clients. We build strong, long-term relationships with our clients, underpinned by our fixed fee retainer model. Our supportive, team-orientated and high-performing work environment is important to us and we’re looking for the right person to join us in growing our business.
This role will suit a team-player with proven R&D Tax experience that is looking for new opportunities to expand their skills in a fast-growing business. You will use your knowledge of the relevant legislation and understanding of the relevant industries, to independently manage client engagements from beginning to end. An ability to build rapport and manage client relationships is a highly valued element of this position.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a wide variety of R&D Tax work in a supportive and flexible work environment, as well as the chance to actively contribute to the direction and growth of our innovative firm.
Who we are looking for
- Two or more years’ experience as an R&D Tax Consultant.
- Ability to collate and review client technical and financial information and provide client feedback as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Experience with drafting technical descriptions of R&D activities.
- Experience in identifying and calculating R&D expenditure.
- Work with client’s finance team/accountant as required to obtain company and financial information.
- Advise clients on areas of potential risk and mitigation strategies where possible
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to connect and grow our network, build trust, and foster internal and external relationships.
The following will be advantages but are not essential:
- Grant writing experience.
- Experience supporting clients through an ATO review or audit
Qualifications and eligibility
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, science, information technology and/or accounting.
- Full time (part-time or flexible working arrangement considered for the right candidate/s).
- Salary: Competitive salary offered based on experience.
- Location – we work from our offices, our homes or our clients’ premises where required. Our office at Hub Parliament Station is one of Melbourne’s premier co-working destinations. It offers a great café, lots of natural light, spectacular views, nearby parks and excellent coffee on tap.
What we offer you
Clearpoint Ventures offers Big 4 professionalism with personalised mentoring and educational development. A smaller firm offers you a greater range of experience and more opportunities to understand business development and growth. Not only does our diverse and friendly team create a great learning environment, but we have fun doing what we do. Our work model is truly flexible, and it is this balance that makes us a happy and cohesive team.
How to apply
Submit your CV and cover letter via the contact form on this page.
Applying is easy. Answer the three questions on this page and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
Applications close 5pm on the 31 October 2021.
We look forward to meeting you.
Three questions to help your application stand out!
1. Tell us about your experience in reviewing source material and drafting scientific/technical documents.
2. Tell us about a time you have had to find a solution to a non-standard work issue relating to a client situation. What did you do and what was the outcome?
3. Tell us what you enjoy doing outside of work.